This creamy sweetcorn soup is perfect for a weekend lunch, serve with slices of cheese on toast to make it more filling.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50g/1Â¾oz unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 150g/5Â½oz potato, cut into small cubes
- 200g/7oz sweetcorn
- 600ml/20fl oz hot vegetable stock
- 50ml/2fl oz double creamÂ Â or milkÂ plus corn flower to thicken
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- Heat the olive oil with the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once the butter has melted add the garlic, onion and potato and sautÃ© for five minutes, until softened.
- Add the sweetcorn and continue to cook for two more minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for five minutes, until the potato has cooked through.
- Stir in the cream and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then pour into a food processor and blend until smooth.Â Keep back some corn cobs for serving.
- To serve, pour into a warm bowl and garnish a sprinkle of chives