For the dough
- 225g/8oz plain strong flour, plus extra for dusting
- 90ml/3fl oz milk, warmed to body temperature
- 50ml/2fl oz water, warmed to body temperature
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 25ml/1fl oz olive oil
- pinch salt
For the filling
- 150g/5oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g/7oz buffalo mozzarella, roughly chopped
- 200g/7oz assorted Italian cold meats (for example: salami, prosciutto, speck)
- slices of chorizo ( Jeff Mod )
- 30g/1oz grated parmesan
- For the dough, sift the flour into a bowl.
- Mix the milk, water and yeast together in a separate bowl.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour and mix together to form a dough. Knead the dough for five minutes on a floured and even service.
- Add the olive oil and knead again to combine. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave somewhere warm for two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 230C/450F/Gas 8. Place a baking tray into the oven to preheat.
- Add the salt to the dough and knead again, then divide the dough into four equal portions and roll into balls.
- Place each ball onto a floured work surface and roll out into 20cm/8in circles.
- For the filling, place all of the filling ingredients into a bowl and mix together well.
- Place one quarter of the filling mixture onto one half of each dough circle, leaving a 2cm/1in gap around the edge.
- Brush the clean edges with water then fold the other sides over to cover the filling and pinch the edges to seal the four parcels.
- Jeff Mod, brush the outer case with olive oil, it gives a nice colour and adds some flavour.
- Place the calzones onto the preheated baking sheet and transfer to the oven to bake for eight minutes, or until the dough is cooked through and the filling hot.