Note : 1 cup is about 250 g
Some, oil for cooking
1 1/2 cup, diced pork or beef cut into strips or chicken cubes.
1 cup, diced onion
2 -3 , chopped spring onion
1 cup, diced celery
1 cup, hot water
1 teaspoon, salt
1 , garlic clove
1 tsp,Â ginger
1/2 teaspoon, shezhuan pepper or ground black pepper
1 (14.5 ounce) can or 1 packetÂ fresh bean sprouts, drained and rinsed
1 tin ,Bamboo slices
some, peas or green beans
1/3 cup, cold water
2 tablespoons, cornstarch
2 teaspoons, soy sauce
1 teaspoon ,white sugar
, Chicken stock to taste.
, water (enough to form a paste)
To Velvet meat :
Mix flour pinch of salt and enough water to make a paste.
Cover the meat and let sit in marinade for 30 mins.
Flash fry on high heat for a couple of mins.
Remover and leave to the side whilst cooking the rest of the dish
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and marinate the pork for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok (with a few drops of sesame oil added) and stir fry the pork.
- When the pork is cooked remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Add all the vegetables to the pan and stir fry.
- While the vegetables are cooking whisk together the chicken stock, oyster sauce and cornstarch in a bowl.
- When the vegetables are cooked add the pork and combine.
- Gradually pour your stock /cornstarch mixture into the wok, stirring regularly, and cook until the sauce thickens.