Skip to content
Best Yorkshire puddings
- 4 heaped tbsp flour
- Â½ tsp salt
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- milk, to bind
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil for cooking
- Heat oven to 230C/fan 210C/gas 8.
- Drizzle a little sunflower oil evenly into twoÂ 4-hole Yorkshire pudding tins or two 12-hole non-stick muffin tins and place in the oven to heat through.
- To make the batter, add 4 heaped tbls plain flour into a bowl / jug and beatÂ in 2 eggs until smooth.
- Gradually add milk and carry on beating until the mix is completely lump-free. Season with salt and pepper.Â
- Remove the hot tins from the oven. Carefully and evenly pour the batter into the holes.
- Place the tins back in the oven and leave undisturbed for 20-25 mins until the puddings have puffed up and browned.
- Serve immediately. You can now cool them and freeze for up to 1 month.