Skip to content
- For the potato cakes
- 225g/8oz ready-made mash potato
- 1 eating apple, peeled and grated
- knob of butter and oil, for frying
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Heat a large pan add the oil and fry the garlic, onion and bacon for 2-3 minutes.
- Chop the sausages into large chunks and add to the pan.
- Add the red wine, stock, baked beans, thyme and tomatoes. Bring to the boil and gently simmer for 8 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper before placing in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix the apple with the potato and season, shape into a cake.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan and add the potato cakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.