It is very rich and tasty and can be used as petits fours or as a biscuit to go with ice-cream. Remember that when melting butter or chocolate, donât let it heat above room temperature.
- 300 g (10 oz) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 225 g (8 oz) unsalted butter
- 75 g (3 oz) cocoa
- 75 g (3 oz) plain flour
- 225 g (8 oz) good quality plain chocolate
- 100 g (4 oz) hazel or pecan nuts, chopped
- 100 g (4 oz) white chocolate, cut into 1 cm (Â½ in) chunks
Pre-heat the oven to 180â200Â°C/350-400Â°F/gas 4â6 and lightly grease a 20 cm (8 in) tin.
Beat together the sugar and eggs, making sure the sugar has completely dissolved.
Melt the butter and whisk into the eggs.
Sieve together the cocoa and flour and add to the butter and egg mix.
Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of warm water, then stir in.
Add the chopped nuts and white chocolate.
Turn the mix into the prepared tin and bake in the pre-heated oven for 30â40 minutes. Leave to cool, then cut into wedges or squares.