- 300g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g cold unsalted butter cubed
- 80g caster sugar
- 150g milk or plain chocolate chips
- 2 eggs , lightly beaten
- 225ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- preheat the oven to 200 c / 400 f / gas mark . line 12 muffin cases.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together in a large bowl. Rub in the butter untill the mixture is like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs , milk and vanilla extract together , then pour the mixture all at once into the dry ingredients and mix briefly.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cases and bake for 15-20 minutes or until risen , golden and firm to touch. cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
- after 10 minutes of cooling in the tin , transfer to a cooling rack or serve straight away.
Instead of Choc Chip you can also use:
Blueberry , Cranberry, Banana slices / chips, sultanas,