A rich make-ahead pÃ¢tÃ© that’s perfect party food or makes a great starter – delicious with pickled onions, toast and salad.
Equipment: You will need a 1.5 litres/2Â½ pints terrine mould.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Cut each chicken breast into three big slices and set aside.
- Mix the chicken livers into the minced pork and season with the salt and pepper. Add the lemon zest, shallots, thyme leaves and pistachios.
- Line a terrine mould or loaf tin with the bacon, leaving enough overhanging to cover the top when filled. Press in the mince and chicken pieces and cover completely with the bacon.
- Place the mould in a roasting tin filled with enough water to reach half way up the side of the mould.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 24 hours in the fridge then slice. Serve with pickled onions or gherkins, toast and salad leaves.