A rich make-ahead pÃ¢tÃ© that’s perfect party food or makes a great starter – delicious with pickled onions, toast and salad.
Equipment: You will need a 1.5 litres/2Â½ pints terrine mould.
- 3 corn fed chicken breasts, skin removed
- 100g/3Â½oz chicken livers
- 180g/6oz pork belly, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zest only
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 sprigs lemon thyme, leaves picked
- 50g/1Â¾oz pistachios, blanched
- 20 thin slices streaky bacon
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Cut each chicken breast into three big slices and set aside.
- Mix the chicken livers into the minced pork and season with the salt and pepper. Add the lemon zest, shallots, thyme leaves and pistachios.
- Line a terrine mould or loaf tin with the bacon, leaving enough overhanging to cover the top when filled. Press in the mince and chicken pieces and cover completely with the bacon.
- Place the mould in a roasting tin filled with enough water to reach half way up the side of the mould.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 24 hours in the fridge then slice. Serve with pickled onions or gherkins, toast and salad leaves.