Vietnamese Recipes & Cuisines (Meat)
|When made last time, I used green beans instead of carrot and also left out the fish sauce.Â I didn’t have time to marinade so made and cooked. Used a whole tin of coconut milk. To make it a wet curry.
Vietnamese Beef Curry Recipe
|Ingredients : Serves 4
|2 lb / 1 kg
3 1/2 tablespoons
1 1/2 teaspoon
| Stewing beef
Large onion, sliced
Red chili peppers, seeded and finely chopped
Hot curry powder
Black ground pepper
Nuoc Cham (fish sauce)
| Method :
- Cube beef. Add onion, garlic, ginger, chili peppers, curry powder, turmeric, pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Toss to mix and cover with plastic wrap to marinate overnight, turning occasionally.
- In a big, heavy-based saucepan, heat oil on high, add beef, turning to seal in flavors before pouring in the water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and Nuoc Cham sauce. After boiling, cover with lid, reduce heat, and simmer for about 1 hour or until meat is cooked.
- Add sugar and carrots until they are done for about 15 minutes.
- Add cornstarch to coconut milk, stirring to dissolve. Pour this into the curry, stirring for 10 to 15 minutes until thickened.
- Serve in a casserole with rice and salad. Garnish with coriander leaves.