- Prepare the potatoes and carrots and place in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and mix to cover.
- Prepare the celery, onion (could add mushrooms ) and add these to the slow cooker with half of the herbs.
- Dissolve the stock in boiling water with balsamic vinegar and some of the honey, set aside.
- Heat a frying panto a medium high heat then add the bacon, cook until crisp.
- Pour a little honey over the bacon and cook for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the crispy honey bacon to the slow cooker.
- Return the pan to the heat before adding the chicken thighs.
Coat the chicken in the juices from the bacon and seal until golden.
- Add in ginger and garlic, herbs, I used thyme and rosemary, finally add the stock to the frying pan.
- Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker and pour over the stock mixture. Sprinkle over salt and pepper and remaining herbs. Cook for 8 hours on low or 6 hours on high.