1KgÂ Pork shoulder or any value joint
100gÂ Pork fat or a few belly cuts
40 gÂ Â Breadcrumbs
1/2 – 1 Onion to taste and based on size of onion
1 tsp Pepper, white, ground
1 tsp. Coriander, ground
1 tsp. Paprika, ground
1 tsp. Nutmeg, ground
1Â tsp. Thyme, ground
Optional, some garlic , some tomato puree, some sun dried tomato… They all give a nice variation to this basic mixture.Â It also takes chille and ginger if you like some heat.
1. Mince on course setting into bowl
2. Add all the ingredients to the ground meats and mix well. Refrigerate while preparing the casings.
3. Mince again on medium or fine setting ( depending on if you like course or paste like bangers )
4. If casings are pork or sheep preserved in salt, soak casings in tepid water for 30 mins toÂ 1 hour
5. Stuff meat paste into prepared casings and tie off in 2″ (50mm) lengths.