This is a basic pie filling which is used for many things such as pies.
The quantities are given as a guideline. The important part is use 1/2 kidney to 1 Steak.
- 500g Steak. The cheap cuts are fine. Cut into bite size pieces.
- 250g Kidney. I prefer lamb or pork. Cut into bite size pieces.
- Enough Stock to cover the meats once in a pot. I use beef Bisto stock cubes. Any own brand are fine.
- Put the meat pieces into a large pot – must have a lid .
- Cover the meat with the stock. This is a slow cook dish so allow for some evaporation.
- Cook on a low heat for anywhere between 2 – 4 hours.
- Check the pot from time to time and add more stock as needed.
DO NOT LET IT BOIL DRY.